I wouldn’t let the week pass without dropping this detox recipe and fat burner here. I saw this recipe on Instagram and I was curious to give it a try. I uploaded it on my Instagram page and I had a lot of people going crazy about it. Meanwhile, a lot is happening on my IG page, you better head down to both pages –@50_amazingmoms and @de_ceemds.
This is one of those recipes that is so simple and easy to try. All you need is four ingredients- Yes! Just 4 and you are good to go…I did this for three days and for each day, I had a little twist of the original recipe. Detox is very important to our wellness.
Some people call it Chia Fresca
- 1 Tsp of Chia seeds
- 1 Tsp of honey
- 1 lemon
- 300ml of Water.
The direction is straight forward as well.
1. Add chia and water into a jar or glass and stir very well to combine. Let sit for 1 hour allow the chia seeds to swell up. I like to use a jar with a lid so I can shake it up really well and break up the clumps of chia. I also like using warm water. The weather is too cold to use cold water
2. Add cleaned, sliced lemon or squeeze out the juice and add the honey. 😋
3. Stir (or shake) well to combine and enjoy!
Consume on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. Do not be alarmed if you visit the loo too often, that’s the cleansing process 🙌
Some Benefits of Chia Seeds
- Chia seeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, even more so than flax seed
- Chia seeds do not need to be ground to be absorbed by the body and they can be stored for long periods of time without going rancid
- They help with hydration due to their ability to absorb up to 9-10 times their weight in water
- Chia seeds also contain fiber, protein, calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc among many other nutrients
Day 1 Twist
I used hot water, allowed the seeds, honey and lemon infuse well for 20mins and drank it.
- Cold infused water causes me bloating, I try to avoid it. So I prefer either warm or hot.
- It’s winter here, I wouldn’t dare cold water
- First thing in the morning, my body needs a bit of cleansing and warm/hot water does my magic
Day 2 Twist
I used hot water, apple cider vinegar (ACV), the chia seeds, honey and lemon. I add all to a cup with hot water and allow it infuse well for 20 mins and drank it. ACV is a great detoxifying agent, I don’t joke with it.
Day 3 Twist
I used hot water, apple cider vinegar (ACV), ginger, cinnamon stick, the chia seeds, honey and lemon. I add all to a cup with hot water and allow it infuse well for 20 mins and drank it. ACV is a great detoxifying agent, I don’t joke with it.
At the end of the detox, I wrote a mini review around my observations. You can see that on My IG page.
I hope you loved this recipe and the article?…
Kindly follow my food page and fashion page on
Instagram– @50_amazingmoms and @de_ceemds.
You can join me on Youtube as well- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8x2Ae7teaNE-uoYc6XhNUQ
Feel Free to be part of my community…together we can make it count…
Comment! Like! Share! Follow! You Matter to Me…
For Moms By Moms
I am Dr. Christiana Stephen, a wife, a mom of 4 under 4 year old kids, a photo lover, makeup artist, a wellness coach and a lecturer. Motherhood for me is ongoing, its a period of learning and unlearning. I am passionate about a lot of things but most importantly helping mothers around the world reach their wellness goals comes as top priority. Hence, I have created this community for every woman out there. Feel free to be part of this amazing journey of motherhood and wellness. I will say raising this community is inspired by my experience and learning process. The main essence is to empower moms on the benefits of healthy living as well as the need to create a life work balance.
I am nice so a lot of people say and I believe I am very approachable even when there is a lot to be done. I love teaching. I can teach on a lot of things including time and stress management.