Summer is a time I get to try out cold recipes because the weather permits is, so yesterday, the kids and I made a new recipe and I thought it will be nice to try. The main vegetable this week for us has been avocado. I have been training my kids on how to try different veggies and this time, its the AVOCADO I made them try. Let’s look at some of the benefits of avocado, then move to the recipe.
Avocados are pear-shaped fruits, with a high fatty acid content but extremely low levels of cholesterol. They are also known as Alligator Pears, which is mainly due to their shape and the leathery appearance of their skin
Avocados are nutritious and yummy as well. You can use them for spreads.
Here are some of the most abundant nutrients, in a single 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving
-Vitamin K: 26% of the daily value (DV)
-Folate: 20% of the DV
-Vitamin C: 17% of the DV
-Potassium: 14% of the DV
-Vitamin B5: 14% of the DV
-Vitamin B6: 13% of the DV
-Vitamin E: 10% of the DV
It also contains small amounts of magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, phosphorous and vitamins A, B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin). Other benefits include:
- Avocado Is Loaded With Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty Acids
- Avocados Are Loaded With Fibre
- Eating Avocado will make you healthier
- It contains more potassium that banana
- Eating avocados can regulate your blood pressure
- Avocados make the best spread for bread
- Avocados help your body absorb the nutrients from other foods
- Eating Avocados Can Lower Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels
- Aids in Digestion
- Avocados are packed with nutrients that are beneficial for maintaining healthy skin. It enriches skin that is dry, chapped or damaged
ICE CREAM RECIPE
340g avocado meat, approximately 3 small to medium
15ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
100g granulated sugar
240ml double cream
- Cut avocados in half, remove pit and with a spoon, scoop out flesh.
- In a food processor or blender, combine avocados and condensed milk. Blend until smooth and no avocado chunks. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- In a large bowl, add heavy cream. Using a hand mixer at low speed, beat mixture until it begins to thicken. Increase speed to medium and continue to beat for about 8 to 10 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Add 1/3 of the whipped cream to the avocado bowl and gently fold in until there are no visible white streaks, making sure to deflate the whipped cream. Repeat with another 1/3 of whipped cream and then the remaining 1/3 of the whipped cream.
- Transfer the mixture into a loaf tin. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing down film onto the surface of the mixture.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight until firm. Serve frozen
Let me know what you make out of this recipe. Feel free to share, like, comment and most importantly be part of this community by signing up.
Here’s a link to My YouTube Channel -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8x2Ae7teaNE-uoYc6XhNUQ
Childcare Fruits and Vegetables Health tips Healthy lifestyle Kids Lifestyle Journey MOMS Parenting recipes Weight loss ideas Children HEALTHY LIVING lifestyle MOMS NEW HABITS NEW MOTHERS OLDER MOMS Parenting WOMEN
I am Dr. Christiana Stephen, a wife, a mom of 4 under 4 year old kids, a photo lover, makeup artist, a wellness coach and a lecturer. Motherhood for me is ongoing, its a period of learning and unlearning. I am passionate about a lot of things but most importantly helping mothers around the world reach their wellness goals comes as top priority. Hence, I have created this community for every woman out there. Feel free to be part of this amazing journey of motherhood and wellness. I will say raising this community is inspired by my experience and learning process. The main essence is to empower moms on the benefits of healthy living as well as the need to create a life work balance.
I am nice so a lot of people say and I believe I am very approachable even when there is a lot to be done. I love teaching. I can teach on a lot of things including time and stress management.