One thing I have decided to do more consistently is post every week. You’ll be getting my web updates every week, with that it will be easy for me to do a proper research and get good recipe in place for you. If you want a daily update on what I eat on the go, you may have to check out my Instagram pages for that. So, I have decided to release an update every Saturday. Kindly sty in touch.
Meanwhile last time I said I will discuss the benefits of turmeric in detail. I am not sure if I have done that before now, however, here’s the gist about turmeric. Turmeric seem to be one of those roots I do not joke with for so many reasons and it has lots of uses as well. I will try and capture as much as I can.
1. Turmeric is Anti-Inflammatory: The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, a potent anti-inflammatory that helps maintain healthy inflammation responses. According to Foodbabe.com, the typical western diet (think lots of processed foods, sugar, and alcohol) leads to what is called “chronic inflammation” in the body. Doctors believe this inflammation is a silent killer, because it sets the body up to be the perfect host for diseases like heart disease cancer, Alzheimer’s, and even obesity. The more reason health conscious people are eager to bring down inflammation by eating unprocessed whole vegetables and fruit along with specific spices (like turmeric) and herbs known to fight inflammatory responses.
2. Turmeric’s unique chemical composition of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and phytochemicals provide the body with:
+ Promotion of immunity
+ Protection against illness and disease
+ Prevention of the development of serious illness and disease
+ Destruction of chronic disease cells within the brain and body
3. Balances Hormone Levels : Hormones are involved in every imaginable process that takes place in the brain and body. Coursing through the body with ease, these hormones are necessary to support life functions of all kinds. Digestion, muscle contraction, nervous system functioning, sleep, and mood can all be attributed to a specific interaction of hormones, and that’s why hormonal balance is so essential to quality of health and well-being. Researchers know that lifestyle factors and diet definitely play a major role in the maintenance of hormonal production and balance, but there are times when genetics and mutations throw off hormonal balance. While many drugs attempt to restore hormone balance, the scientific and medical communities have begun looking into how natural remedies like turmeric may benefit hormone regulation without synthetics (consciouslifestylemag.com).
4. Promotes Heart Health/support the overall health of the cardiovascular system: There are several lifestyle factors and conditions in the body that can lead the heart disease – which is the #1 cause of death in the world. As discussed earlier, chronic inflammation plays a major role in heart disease, so taking turmeric as an anti-inflammatory can help prevent heart disease and heart attacks. One of the most interesting benefits of curcumin is how it can improve the lining of blood vessels (known as the endothelium) (foodbabe.com)
5. Boosts Immunity : according to consciouslifestylemag.com, you probably know that your immune system is responsible for protecting the body from the development of illness and disease. Few people realize, however, that a significant portion of the immune system is directly related to the digestive system. Ridding the body of waste while retrieving and absorbing essential nutrients from whole foods, the digestive system disperses the essential elements of the diet throughout the body. All of these benefits make the immune system function better, helping to keep the body free of bacteria, viruses, and microbes, as well as harmful oxidative damage from free radicals. With such importance being placed on nutrition for the body’s optimal health, it’s easy to see why the digestive system plays such an important role… making the quality of the diet consumed something that literally supports or degrades the body’s immunity.
Some other great benefits include
+ Cleanses the liver and it is quite good for detox
+ Promotes fat loss
+ Can help in managing Athritis pain
+ Can Help Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
+ Prevents hair loss
+ Helps in Digestion
Turmeric may be great to incorporate into your diets, however as with everything else about your health, you have to double check with your doctor or health care provider. Research shows that
+ Eating turmeric in foods is safe during pregnancy, but turmeric supplements may not be.
+ Those with gallbladder problems might find that turmeric exacerbates them.
+ Turmeric might slow blood clotting, so those with bleeding problems or an upcoming surgery should be cautious.
+ Curcumin might decrease blood sugar in diabetics.
+ High amounts of turmeric might affect iron absorption.
+ Turmeric might decrease testosterone levels and sperm movement, which could affect fertility.
+ High levels of turmeric might increase the production of stomach acid, which could be problematic for those with reflux or ulcers (consciouslifesyle.com).
I hope you loved this article.
Kindly follow my food page and fashion page on
Instagram– @50_amazingmoms and @de_ceemds.
You can join me on Youtube as well- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8x2Ae7teaNE-uoYc6XhNUQ
Feel Free to be part of my community…together we can make it count…
Comment! Like! Share! Follow! You Matter to Me…
For Moms By Moms