You know that meal you think of not because you really want to eat it but because you have children who love it. My kids love eggs and I have tried quite a variety of ways to make eggs enjoyable. Making scotch eggs today makes me feel. Yeah! Finally, I made it.
Ok here are my recipes and instructions incase you choose to try.
- Boil the eggs, then quickly scoop into iced water. Soft or hard according to your preference.
- Mix together the sausagemeat, egg, flavourings and seasoning.
- Peel the cooled eggs.
- Take a good chunk of mince and pat it out evenly to cover one hand.
- Roll the egg in flour and place it on the mince. Encase the egg, adding extra mince if there’s a gap.
- Dip the Scotch egg in beaten egg and then roll it in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Pour the oil in a deep, heavy-based pan, to no more than one third full.
- Heat the oil to 160C – you can use a cooking thermometer to check the temperature.
- Use a frying basket if you have one and cook for 5 – 10 mins depending on the size of the Scotch egg.
- Turn gently, using a slotted spoon, to cook and colour evenly.
What do you think? I think its YUMMY!!! You can also have this if you want for snack…
You know I love your comment, so DROP IT…
Childcare Health tips Healthy lifestyle Kids Lifestyle Journey MOMS Parenting recipes Weight loss ideas Childcare Children HEALTHY LIVING lifestyle MOMS NEW HABITS NEW MOTHERS NEW PROJECT OLDER MOMS Parenting WOMEN
I am Dr. Christiana Stephen, a wife, a mom of 4 under 4 year old kids, a photo lover, makeup artist, a wellness coach and a lecturer. Motherhood for me is ongoing, its a period of learning and unlearning. I am passionate about a lot of things but most importantly helping mothers around the world reach their wellness goals comes as top priority. Hence, I have created this community for every woman out there. Feel free to be part of this amazing journey of motherhood and wellness. I will say raising this community is inspired by my experience and learning process. The main essence is to empower moms on the benefits of healthy living as well as the need to create a life work balance.
I am nice so a lot of people say and I believe I am very approachable even when there is a lot to be done. I love teaching. I can teach on a lot of things including time and stress management.