You know that meal you think of not because you really want to eat it but because you have children who love it. My kids love eggs and I have tried quite a variety of ways to make eggs enjoyable. Making scotch eggs today makes me feel. Yeah! Finally, I made it.
Ok here are my recipes and instructions incase you choose to try.
- Boil the eggs, then quickly scoop into iced water. Soft or hard according to your preference.
- Mix together the sausagemeat, egg, flavourings and seasoning.
- Peel the cooled eggs.
- Take a good chunk of mince and pat it out evenly to cover one hand.
- Roll the egg in flour and place it on the mince. Encase the egg, adding extra mince if there’s a gap.
- Dip the Scotch egg in beaten egg and then roll it in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Pour the oil in a deep, heavy-based pan, to no more than one third full.
- Heat the oil to 160C – you can use a cooking thermometer to check the temperature.
- Use a frying basket if you have one and cook for 5 – 10 mins depending on the size of the Scotch egg.
- Turn gently, using a slotted spoon, to cook and colour evenly.
What do you think? I think its YUMMY!!! You can also have this if you want for snack…
You know I love your comment, so DROP IT…