Written By Christiana Stephen
‘In the midst of these hard times it is our good health and good sleep that are enjoyable’.
Today we are going to take a break from our usual strange looking smoothies (extremely beneficial smoothies) and talk about how a healthy lifestyle can reflect on our general well being.
The aim of this write up is to explore how the life we live can affect our overall well being So the question is what kind of life are you living? what do you value most- health or money? are you thinking of ways to improve on your lifestyle for the sake of your health?
According to Schuller and Watson (2009) growing evidence from the new science of well-being suggests that people derive enjoyment and fulfilment from a number of different factors, this implies that we are all different and as such what makes us happy differ. The study of Schuller and Watson shows that leading a satisfying life certainly involves a steady and adequate income, but researchers have shown that money alone is not enough. The question now remains apart from money what else really matter.
The clear truth is that a lot of us value our health so much so that we are very capable of doing just about anything to stay healthy. Here are some of the tips to help us stay healthy
- Quit the competition: some people just can’t stand others success and as a result of that we put ourselves through unnecessary pressure by competing regardless of the impact it makes in our health. We are all different and as such cannot have similar road in life. There is no point trying to be someone else when you are unique and whole as a person
- Quit the Procrastination: if you have to do something, do it now. stop pushing it till the next day and on and on. Always make sure you do what you have to do when you have to do. with this you reduce the pressure on your health.
- Reward Yourself: i can never stop talking about the impact of rewarding yourself. You deserve that treat so give yourself
- Do not take anything personal: that your spouse or boss or whoever is having a bad day shouldn’t make you kill yourself. Its their day so let them deal with it. Even when they take it out on you do not let it affect the way you feel about yourself.
- Stay Positive: always try to stay positive irrespective of the situation on ground
- Do not try to change everything: you don’t necessarily have to give yourself the task of changing everything. people who try to change everything only end up denying themselves of a happy day. Some things can not just be changed so try to live with it by putting it aside
- Get A Talk therapy: we offer this to all the moms on our closed group. You will find this very useful. Talking to a trusted friend and letting all the pain go is important to your well being
- Sleep 8 hours a day: as hard as it seems it is recommended for all of us to sleep at least 8 hrs a day
- Drink plenty of water: 8 glasses a day wouldn’t hurt. always stay hydrated
Are you looking for a place to call a home, a friend to confide in and a group to belong to help you take the pressures of life off and share your moments with you. We currently run a closed group with 20% discount offer. Seize the opportunity and let us be part of your journey to a healthy lifestyle. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not fail to subscribe and be part of our online platform. A community for moms by moms
I am Dr. Christiana Stephen, a wife, a mom of 4 under 4 year old kids, a photo lover, makeup artist, a wellness coach and a lecturer. Motherhood for me is ongoing, its a period of learning and unlearning. I am passionate about a lot of things but most importantly helping mothers around the world reach their wellness goals comes as top priority. Hence, I have created this community for every woman out there. Feel free to be part of this amazing journey of motherhood and wellness. I will say raising this community is inspired by my experience and learning process. The main essence is to empower moms on the benefits of healthy living as well as the need to create a life work balance.
I am nice so a lot of people say and I believe I am very approachable even when there is a lot to be done. I love teaching. I can teach on a lot of things including time and stress management.