I hope you feel well today? Part of my research this week was on cucumber and I found out lots of interesting facts about cucumbers and how it can help with fast weight loss. You have to understand that this weight loss may be fast but you have to maintain it and this plan should not be used for more than 2 weeks.
Before you go on to try this plan, I suggest you speak to your doctor about this and hear what he/she has to say.
Scroll down for the plan
Cucumber has long been known for its numerous health benefits; the ‘cooling’ veggie is said to prevent dehydration and constipation. Moreover, known for its anti-diabetic, lipid-lowering and antioxidant activity, cucumber has a detoxifying and cleansing effect on the overall health. It provides sufficient amount of some essential nutrients including vitamin C and K and turns out, it may help you lose weight too.The cucumber diet is a short-term diet that promises quick weight loss. There are many versions of the diet, but most claim you can lose up to 15 pounds (7 kg) in 7 days. While cucumbers are healthy, you may wonder how effective this diet really is.
Before we explore other things, I’ll just take you through some of the benefits of cucumber
1. Reduces Your Risk of Cancer: I am sure a lot of us aren’t aware that cucumbers contain a lot that can reduce your risk of cancer; it contains lignans (polyphenols pinoresinol, lariciresinol and secoisolariciresinol), which can aid in reducing the risk of ovarian, uterine, breast and prostate cancer. The phytonutrients called cucurbitacins contained in cucumber has anti-cancer properties.
Talking about breast cancer, ALWAYS EXAMINE YOUR BREAST
2. Helps in Protecting Your Brain: Cucumbers are rich in anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin which appears to play a vital role in brain health. In addition to improving your memory and protecting your nerve cells from age-related decline,1 fisetin has been found to prevent progressive memory and learning impairments in mice with Alzheimer’s disease.
3. Fights Inflammation: Remember when I asked you to make ‘My yummy cooling smoothie’. One of the items i used was cucumber because it cools the body and helps reduce unwanted inflammation.
4. Antioxidant Properties: It contains a lot of antioxidants, including vitamin C and beta-carotene.
5. Breath Freshener: Looking at freshening your breath? Place a cucumber slice on the top of your mouth, this will help reduce the door from your mouth
6. Eases Anxiety and Manage Stress: Cucumbers contain multiple B vitamins, including vitamin B1, vitamin B5, and vitamin B7 (biotin). B vitamins are known to help ease feelings of anxiety and buffer some of the damaging effects of stress.
7. Aids Digestion: Cucumbers are rich in two of the most basic elements needed for healthy digestion: water and fiber. Adding cucumbers to your juice or salad can help you meet the ideal of amount of fiber your body needs
8. Healthy Weight: Very low in calories, yet they make a filling snack (one cup of sliced cucumber contains just 16 calories).8 The soluble fiber in cucumbers dissolves into a gel-like texture in your gut, helping to slow down your digestion. This helps you to feel full longer and is one reason why fiber-rich foods may help with weight control.
9) Reduces cholesterol
10. Cures diabetics
11. Controls blood pressure
12. Prevents headache
13. Placing Cucumber on eyes will revitalize the skin. It helps firm the skin
14. They contain between 92 to 95% water
15. They are so subtle and can give your skin some lightening, so when placed on the eyes its for the dark circles under your eyes. You can try this at home
16. Its a good form of increasing your skin complexion
Amount Per 100 grams
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.1 g 0%
Saturated fat 0 g 0%
Polyunsaturated fat 0 g
Monounsaturated fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 2 mg 0%
Potassium 147 mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g 1%
Dietary fiber 0.5 g 2%
Sugar 1.7 g
Protein 0.7 g 1%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 1% Iron 1%
Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-6 0%
Vitamin B-12 0% Magnesium 3%
How to make use of Cucumbers
You can eat them raw; they taste nice though
make juice from them
make salads with them
make smoothies with them.
Here’s the Meal Plan… Feel Free to Try and let me know what you make out of it…
Did you enjoy reading this article?…
14 Comments Leave a comment ›