I came to Nigeria for a visit and I have been here for just one week. I came home with a lot of things that I love using so I don’t start finding them around and one of them is coconut oil. A lady payed me a visit and saw me frying eggs with coconut oil and she asked why I was using that to fry eggs, Oh my!!! I laughed so hard. We have a lot of resources in Nigeria that we do not even know how to make use of them. So I spent an hour educating her on all I use coconut oil for.
I have decided to share this with all the moms who extract this oil yet don’t even know the value of what they have.
Up till now, there are over a thousand studies that have proven that coconut oil is one of the healthiest foods on our planet. People don’t realize how useful this oil is. The secret of coconut oil has been revealed by research, this research shows that it contains healthy fats called medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs), Which includes: Caprylic acid, Lauric acid and Capric acid.
Studies also show that 62% of the oils in coconut are made up of these 3 healthy fatty acids and 91% of the fat in coconut oil is healthy saturated fat. Most of the fats that we consume take longer to digest, but MCFAs found in coconut oil provide the perfect source of energy because they only have to go through a 3 step process to be turned into fuel vs. other fats go through a 26 step process!
1. PREVENTS HEART DISEASE: because coconut oil is high in saturated fats which increase the healthy cholesterol io our bodies. It also converts the bad cholesterol into the good one. So instead of using any other oil to fry, I use coconut oil.
2. PREVENTS HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE: research shows that consuming coconut oil can prevent high blood pressure.
3. NATURAL TREATMENT FOR ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE: when coconut oil is digested by the liver, it creates ketones which are a readily accessible energy by the brain. Ketones supply energy to the brain without the need of insulin to process glucose into energy.
Recent research has shown that the brain actually creates it’s own insulin to process glucose and power brain cells. As the brain of an Alzheimer’s patient has lost the ability to create it’s own insulin, the ketones from coconut oil could create an alternate source of energy to help repair brain function (DR. AXE).
4. CURES UTI (URINARY TRACT INFECTION)
5. CURES KIDNEY INFECTION
6. PROTECTS THE LIVER
7. REDUCES INFLAMATION AND ARTHRITIS
8. FIGHTS CANCER
There are more health benefits and we will do the part 2 tomorrow.
HOW I USE COCONUT OIL
1. On my daughter’s hair; I have 1 girl and I love to try out a lot of things, I decided to apply coconut oil on her hair for 1 month to see the result and I was impressed by what I got. Fuller, healthier and stronger hair
2. On my Children’s body: nothing strikes me better than my kids skin glowing. I tried a lot of things and decided to go natural on them. Yes I love the result I got on them
3. I make smoothie with them
4. Cook with coconut oil
5. Use them on my hair, very excellent for dandruff and itching of scalp, so I apply them
6. Very excellent for dry skin, so if you have a dry and scaling skin like mine use coconut oil
7. Child birth left me with plenty stretch marks, I apply them on the stretch marks, so far I am seeing results.
I will be discussing more benefits and how I use them in the part 2. So look out for that.
IF YOU WANT TO BE PART OF US FEEL FREE, JUST CLICK ON THE FOLLOW BOTTON AND DROP YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, THATS ALL IT TAKES.
STILL WAITING FOR YOUR DETOX WEEK REVIEWS.
I am Dr. Christiana Stephen, a wife, a mom of 4 under 4 year old kids, a photo lover, makeup artist, a wellness coach and a lecturer. Motherhood for me is ongoing, its a period of learning and unlearning. I am passionate about a lot of things but most importantly helping mothers around the work reach their wellness goals comes as top priority. Hence, I have created this community for every woman out there. Feel free to be part of this amazing journey of motherhood and wellness. I will say raising this community is inspired by my experience and learning process. The main essence is to empower moms on the benefits of healthy living as well as the need to create a life work balance.
I am nice so a lot of people say and I believe I am very approachable even when there is a lot to be done. I love teaching. I can teach on a lot of things including time and stress management.