I know a number of us have issues with brown rice. We complain it isn’t so tasty like the white long grain rice but it is a very healthy choice. I have decided we look at how I make my brown rice yummy.
1 chopped onion
2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
1 egg, lightly beaten (or more eggs if you like)
3 drops soy sauce
3 drops sesame oil (optional)
8 ounces cooked chicken breast, chopped
1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot (very small)
1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
4 cups cold cooked brown rice, grains separated (preferably medium grain)
4 green onions, chopped
2 cups bean sprouts.
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan/pot/wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok.
Allow wok to cool slightly.
2. Mix egg with 3 drops of soy and 3 drops of sesame oil; set aside.
3. Add 1/2 tbsp olive oil to pan/pot/wok, swirling to coat surfaces; add egg mixture; working quickly, swirl egg until egg sets against wok; when egg puffs, flip egg and cook other side briefly; remove from wok, and chop into small pieces.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add selected meat to wok, along with carrots, peas, and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add rice, green onions, and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
6.Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.
NUTRITION FACTS FOR BROWN RICE
Rice, brown, long-grain, cooked
Amount Per 100 grams
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.9 g 1%
Saturated fat 0.2 g 1%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.3 g
Monounsaturated fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 5 mg 0%
Potassium 43 mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 23 g 7%
Dietary fiber 1.8 g 7%
Sugar 0.4 g
Protein 2.6 g 5%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 1% Iron 2%
Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-6
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Drop your comments on how you make brown rice.
Feel free to be part of our community, For Moms By Moms.
This looks and sounds delish! I found a brown rice pilaf on Pinterest about a month or so ago and it’s amazing! It’s simple but so good!!
Hello Coach, Good day coach, I want to say a very big thank you to you for this wonderful programme. I am one of your student from just concluded 28 days weight loss challenge programme. I want to know if I can still join the “The healthy mummies hub” on-going now. I hope this mail get to you, because before now I sent two mails to you in the course of the programme but didn’t get a reply from you. Or maybe it didn’t get to you. Please coach can I get the reply as soon as possible. Thank you so much. Sorry I forgot to mention my name, my name is Folaju from Nigeria. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Yes you can join
Thank you coach!
On Nov 4, 2017 11:54 AM, “50 Amazing Moms With Christiana Stephen” wrote:
> 50 Amazing Moms posted: “Hello Moms, I know a number of us have issues > with brown rice. We complain it isn’t so tasty like the white long grain > rice but it is a very healthy choice. I have decided we look at how I make > my brown rice yummy. Ingredients 1 chopped onion 2 1⁄2 t” >
hmmm~such lovely photos😍😍😍!
maybe you can use FOTOR to redesign and make them more beautiful
check this out😉