I know a number of us have issues with brown rice. We complain it isn’t so tasty like the white long grain rice but it is a very healthy choice. I have decided we look at how I make my brown rice yummy.
1 chopped onion
2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
1 egg, lightly beaten (or more eggs if you like)
3 drops soy sauce
3 drops sesame oil (optional)
8 ounces cooked chicken breast, chopped
1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot (very small)
1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
4 cups cold cooked brown rice, grains separated (preferably medium grain)
4 green onions, chopped
2 cups bean sprouts.
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan/pot/wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok.
Allow wok to cool slightly.
2. Mix egg with 3 drops of soy and 3 drops of sesame oil; set aside.
3. Add 1/2 tbsp olive oil to pan/pot/wok, swirling to coat surfaces; add egg mixture; working quickly, swirl egg until egg sets against wok; when egg puffs, flip egg and cook other side briefly; remove from wok, and chop into small pieces.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add selected meat to wok, along with carrots, peas, and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add rice, green onions, and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
6.Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.
NUTRITION FACTS FOR BROWN RICE
Rice, brown, long-grain, cooked
Amount Per 100 grams
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.9 g 1%
Saturated fat 0.2 g 1%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.3 g
Monounsaturated fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 5 mg 0%
Potassium 43 mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 23 g 7%
Dietary fiber 1.8 g 7%
Sugar 0.4 g
Protein 2.6 g 5%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 1% Iron 2%
Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-6
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Drop your comments on how you make brown rice.
Feel free to be part of our community, For Moms By Moms.
I am Dr. Christiana Stephen, a wife, a mom of 4 under 4 year old kids, a photo lover, makeup artist, a wellness coach and a lecturer. Motherhood for me is ongoing, its a period of learning and unlearning. I am passionate about a lot of things but most importantly helping mothers around the world reach their wellness goals comes as top priority. Hence, I have created this community for every woman out there. Feel free to be part of this amazing journey of motherhood and wellness. I will say raising this community is inspired by my experience and learning process. The main essence is to empower moms on the benefits of healthy living as well as the need to create a life work balance.
I am nice so a lot of people say and I believe I am very approachable even when there is a lot to be done. I love teaching. I can teach on a lot of things including time and stress management.