I have been so motivated lately, I’m quite excited about the way things unfold. . Honestly, I have learnt a lot of things that I am willing to share with you all. One of the things I have learnt is how to live a stress free life. Stress is something that we associate with cos of our status as moms, however, you can learn how to stay free from stress with these few tips.
1. Take one day at a time: moms are known for being overly active and ready to change the entire world. Yes! I understand the feeling but can you truly change the entire world? If your answer is yes then take one day at a time, if the answer is no, then forget about trying. One day at a time means being able to prioritize. Some things should be done and others can wait. Try not to have so many tasks for one day. I know we love multitasking, there is nothing wrong with that but learn to take one day at a time. When I wake up in the morning, there are things I know canno be done that particular day because of its importance.
2. You are as human as everyone else: I wonder if it is the society or it is just us who give ourselves the impression that we are super humans. You are as human as your little baby. This means that you should rest when you are tired, eat when you are hungry, cry when need be. Just be human. Do not deny yourself of being human. You have to accept your flaws and shortcomings, accept the fact that you can only do as much as you can. Try not to please everyone cos you may never succeed.People will always have queries about you.
3. Take time out to breath: we breath every second but you must learn to take out time to take deep breath. Breathing hard into your lungs every one minute of every hour you stay awake. That time is yours. All you need to do is focus on your breathing, whether at work or at home. Just create the time to breath.
4. Stay Positive: even when it feels like the world is against you just stay positive. Don’t be negative about life even when the situation suggests that don’t give up and don’t give in.
5. Don’t be hard on yourself: some of us criticise ourselves too much so that we do not even see the best in us anymore. Don’t self sabotage you, give yourself a break.
6. Love Yourself First: Your duty to you is to love yourself regardless. You owe people love, only when you have loved yourself first. Every other person isn’t as important as you. Stop loving your kids more or your husband no. No theory accepts that at least not yet. So love yourself enough.
7. Change bad habits: a lot of us have so many bad habits that hinder us from staying away from stress, so quit those habits. It could just be worrying too much or thinking too much. Take it slow and be patient with yourself.
8. Eat Healthy: now I am so sure I sound like a broken record. I always mention healthy eating in almost all my posts. Reason being that a healthy meal has lots of health benefits, it can keep you away from falling unnecessarily sick. So eat clean, it is for your own good.
9. Let your kids be kids: I wonder why moms always worry so much about kids. I am not saying do not worry but learn to draw the line. Let your kids be kids, let them grow and learn from their own mistakes. You cannot always protect your child from falling. Do the best you can and let the rest be.
10. Stay true to yourself: there is time for everything. Do not fake your feelings and hide them, do not pretend to yourself. This is one big stress you enter into when you try living a false life. Be you and those who love you will still love you regardless.
I hope you had a good read. Kindly like, share, comment and most importantly be a part of our community, For Moms By Moms.
Join our Facebook Live Event, Every Friday, 7:30pm (London Time) @50 Amazingmomswithchristianastephen
“Don’t self sabotage you, give yourself a break.”I like that!Moms, the best gift we can cherish is our own lives.Lets try and see all the best in us and dwell more on that.The rest will follow.
There are times that some of us may feel that we have failed, esp. when things don’t go the way we imagined.
Pause,think of the positive impact you bring to your home and see how relieved you feel after that.
That is your road to stress free moments in your home.
Thanks Mom Christine for this post..I enjoyed every bit of it.
I like this
How can I loss My weight pls