This is a very important topic to read on. A lot of us want to lose weight but do not even know where to draw they line. Your goal should be to stay fit and healthy not skinny or end up with an unhealthy weight. Here are some ways to ascertain where to draw the line.
- Always calculate your BMI: BMI is an acronym for body mass index. Knowing your BMI is a good way of measuring whether you’re a healthy weight for your height. The result gives an indication of whether you’re a healthy weight, and if not, how over- or underweight you are. Here is how to calculate your BMI, according to NHS- divide your weight in kilograms (kg) by your height in metres (m) then divide the answer by your height again to get your BMI. In this case you have to know your weight and height. You can do this quite easily. The ideal BMI for women is – Below 18.5 -Underweight, 18.5 – 24.9 – Normal, 25.0 – 29.9 -Overweight, 30.0 and Above- Obese. Unless you have a gym life or an active life, this applies to you.
- Listen to your body: Do not go on and on. Don’t jump into it just because you find someone else doing it. Know your body and listen to it. Sometimes we take things to the extreme just because we want to lose weight. It is good to try but not at the expense of your well-being. People take lots of counter medication and teas for solutions. Be careful you do not go overboard or take medications that may be detrimental to your health.
- Speak to your health care provider: before you begin any weight loss journey always speak to your health care provider. They will advice you better on what suits you most.
- Avoid across the counter medication: people always run towards the quick fix, without thinking of the implication. If your doctor doesn’t prescribe the medication, no matter how good it sounds-avoid it.
- Avoid the Extreme: we all have our own extremes, a place where our bodies can’t go on. When you get that point take a break and review your routine and adjust your plan accordingly.
Feel Free to share, like, comment and most importantly be part our community- For Moms By Moms.