Many times we are so dependent on medications that we fail to see how powerful and important fruits and vegetables are to us. It is quite good to take a look at some of the important fruits and vegetables and the benefits of eating them.
According to an NHS.UK report Pomegranate is a distinctive ruby-red jewel-like seeds. This fruit is a super food that has been used so many years for medicinal purposes. It is a Middle Eastern fruit that is effective in so many ways.
It is reported that pomegranate are beneficial for the heart as it fights against heart diseases.
- Also a good fruit when looking at normalising high blood pressure. The NHS.UK report also reveals that in 2005 a study conducted on 45 patients with coronary heart disease proved that a daily 238ml of pomegranate juice given over a 12 week resulted in improved blood flow to the heart and a lower risk of heart attack.
- Pomegranate is a good source of fibre and it consist of some vital vitamins such as vitamins A, C and E, iron and other antioxidants (notably tannins).
- Pomegranate May Lower Blood Pressure: as we may know high blood pressure is a very common thing and it leads to heart attack and strokes so failure to address this issue is a risk to our health and well-being. According to authority nutrition.com people with high blood pressure had a significant reduction after consuming 150 ml (5 oz) of pomegranate juice daily for 2 weeks. Other studies have found similar effects, especially for systolic blood pressure.
- Pomegranate can help manage Arthritis and Joint Pain: another common health problem in our society today is arthritis which has different types, but very commonly the inflammation in the joints. Considering that pomegranate contains anti-inflammatory it makes sense that they could help treat arthritis.
- Pomegranate and breast cancer: Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in women. Pomegranate extract has been shown to inhibit reproduction of breast cancer cells, and may even kill some of them.
It is always significant for us to know exactly what we eat and understand its benefits, this is one of the ways to live a healthy lifestyle being conscious of what and how you eat.
This is a community for moms, feel free to comment, like, share and most importantly be part of us. For Moms By Moms