Today we will continue with the health benefits of coconut oil and how to prepare it yourself. I always recommend the DIY Approach (DO IT YOURSELF) when it comes to things we take in. Other health benefits include;
9. It Improves our Memory and Brain Function: quite recommendable for older people
10. It can Improves your Energy and Endurance level: it has been studied to increase metabolism.
Coconut oil is easy to digest, but also produces a longer sustained energy and increases your metabolism. Simply put together 1 TBSP of each and consume 30 minutes prior to exercise.
10. Improves Digestion, Reduces Stomach Ulcers & Ulcerative Colitis
Coconut also improves digestion as it helps the body to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, calcium, and magnesium (Dr Axe). If coconut oil is taken at the same time as omega-3 fatty acids, it can make them twice as effective, as they are readily available to be digested and used by the body
11. Reduces Symptoms of Gallbladder Disease & Pancreatitis
12. Improves Skin Issues (burns, eczema, dandruff, dermatitis, and psoriasis)
Coconut oil is wonderful as a face cleanser, moisturizer and sun screen, but also it can treat many skin disorders. The fatty acids (Caprylic and Lauric) in coconut oil reduce inflammation internally and externally and moisturize making them a great solution for all types of skin conditions.
13. Excellent for hair
14. Helps in the reduction of belly fat: Because of the energy creating abilities of coconut oil, it is no wonder that it is beneficial in losing weight. It helps to burn fat, decrease appetite and it studies it was especially helpful in losing belly fat! (DRAXE.COM).
15. Good for anti- aging
16. Naturally balances hormones
HOW TO DO IT YOURSELF
step 1. Get your coconut
step 2. Crack them open
step 3. Take out the flesh from the shell
step 4. Blend or grate it
step 5. Add some water to the grated coconut and mix well.
Step 6. Squeeze out the milk from the mix. You can do it with your hands, or better use a piece of cloth to filter out the milk from the mix. Do it twice to extract more milk from the leftover. Be careful so you don’t end up with plenty water
step 7. Boil the extracted milk; Carry on till all the water gets evaporated from the mix. This may take a while as all the water needs to be evaporated. Now you can see oil bubbling on the surface of the heated milk.
Step 8. Remove from fire and allow the oily milk to cool down.
step 9. When the mixture is sufficiently cooled down, you can separate the oil from the mix. You can use a small piece of cloth, the size of a hand-kerchief for this Or a bowl.
step 10. Keep the oil still to settle down. After few minutes you will find the pure coconut oil floating up.
people have different ways of doing their but this is how I washed my grandma do ours.
I hope this answers your questions on how to DIY.
FOLLOW FOR MORE NUTRITIONAL FACTS