Today we’ll talk about watermelon, I am sure a lot of us have access to water melon. Let’s talk about it so we all know what we have been feeding ourselves with.
Watermelon is a great fruit, apart from its water content of about 92%. It aids in the prevention of diabetes, heart disease, kidney disorders, high blood pressure, the prevention of cancer, diabetes, heat stroke, macular degeneration and impotence.
It contains a lot of juice in it and has a high level of vitamins such as vitamins A, B6 and C, lots of lycopene, antioxidants and amino acids. There’s even a modest amount of potassium. Plus, this yummy fruit is fat free, has only 30 calories per serving as well as very low in sodium.
Apart from all these, other health benefits include:
- Reduces body fat: it contains an amino acid called Citrulline which reduces the accumulation of fat in human fat cells. this Citrulline (amino acid) converts into arginine.
- Cardiovascular & Bone Health: this fruit helps to retain calcium in our bodies and you know calcium is good for our bones
- Anti-inflammatory & Antioxidant Support
- Diuretic & Kidney Support
- Supports our nerves and muscle
- Helps improve the health of our eyes
- It forms Alkaline: this can reduce your risk of developing disease and illness caused by a high-acid diet (namely, meat, eggs and dairy)
- Immune Support,
- Wound Healing
- Prevents Cell Damage
Amount Per 100 grams
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.2 g 0%
Saturated fat 0 g 0%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.1 g
Monounsaturated fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 1 mg 0%
Potassium 112 mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 8 g 2%
Dietary fiber 0.4 g 1%
Sugar 6 g
Protein 0.6 g 1%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 13%
Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-6 0%
Vitamin B-12 0% Magnesium 2%
You can eat them raw, make smoothies and juice.
THE DETOX WEEK BEGINS TODAY, Enjoy IT and HAPPY NEW MONTH. DON’T FAIL TO SEND YOUR REVIEWS IN AFTER THE DETOX WEEK TO WIN A CHANCE OF PARTAKING IN A ONE MONTH CHALLENGE WITH FREE MEAL PLAN.
IF YOU DIDN’T GET A CHANCE TO BE PART OF THIS DETOX WEEK, I SINCERELY APOLOGISE, LOOK OUT FOR THE NEXT.
Follow us for more nutritional facts BEST WISHES