With 23 calories, this is sure one of my Favourite veggies. According to BBC GOOD FOOD, it is regarded as a plant with remarkable abilities to restore energy, increase vitality and improve the quality of the blood.
I remember when I had iron deficiency during pregnancy and I was given lots of iron tablets of which in pregnancy it was really difficult for me to swallow any medication, my midwife asked me to take lots of spinach. Oh yeah, I bought lots and lots of spinach, it was pleasant for me to chew them raw that was when I fell for them. There is actually nothing I eat without adding spinach.
1) They are rich in iron and iron plays a major role in the function of red blood cells which helps in the transportation of oxygen around the body.
2) excellent source of vitamins such as vitamin A, C, B2, K which is vital in maintaining bone health.
3) It is also a good source of folic acid
4) it contains vitamin E
5) A good source of dietary fiber
6) it contains manganese, magnesium, calcium, potassium, zinc, protein and choline
7)Daily mail reports that spinach is the healthiest food on the planet
Amount Per 100 grams
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.4 g 0%
Saturated fat 0.1 g 0%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.2 g
Monounsaturated fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 79 mg 3%
Potassium 558 mg 15%
Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g 1%
Dietary fiber 2.2 g 8%
Sugar 0.4 g
Protein 2.9 g 5%
Vitamin A 187% Vitamin C 46%
Calcium 9% Iron 15%
Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-6 10%
Vitamin B-12 0% Magnesium 19%
How to use them
I make smoothies with them , eat them raw, use them for vegetable salad
Try to make some spinach juice this week. it taste nice.
I hope your detox week is going on well and you haven’t given up yet. Keep pushing, you are already a success story. The first step is to try and keep trying until you hit your goals.
Don’t fail to send your reviews in at the end of the 7th day to win a chance for a free 1 month challenge & meal plan
Follow us for more nutritional facts