I hope you all doing well. I know life can happen and events can get on the way but being alive is a HUGE BLESSING. Today, we will be looking at super foods and what research says about them. For all mothers, it is always important to maintain the energy necessary to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the day. A diet poor in good fats, proteins, nutrients, and vitamins, will make any day seem eternal and strenuous but this does not have to be that way! It is a fact that nutritionists are talking and informing the society about super foods, and this has been news. Food is changing and people are implementing super foods for nutrition and a healthy life. In short, a wide variety of foods that you can combine and get varied and delicious meals, as well as nutritious and full of properties. So… What are Super foods?
All those foods that have a high nutritional level or are “super nourished”, have been called super foods. This means that they have:
- Powerful dense nutritional properties
- They provide a high content of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals
- A large number of powerful benefits without having to be consumed in large proportions.
These super foods are currently becoming the essential foundation of a healthy lifestyle because their continuous intake is not harmful to health and are ideal for eating them daily. The denomination of super food does not correspond to a scientific name but expresses the benefits of consuming them.
The nutritional innovation of super foods helps us to:
- Prevent or cure diseases.
- Help burn fat and lose weight.
- Improve physical and mental performance.
- They delay the signs of aging.
- Help to have greater vitality.
- Improve mood and mental state.
Some of these foods have been used for thousands of years by indigenous civilizations, to heal body and mind. In any case, we must bear in mind that these are not magical foods and that regardless of their consumption we need to maintain a healthy and balanced diet. You will realize that some of these powerful foods you already know and are more common than you thought. Others, on the other hand, thanks to globalization, are now becoming better known although in some places they have been consumed since the past.
- Acai berries
The Acai is a fruit from a palm tree and originally from Brazil. Among its characteristics, it stands out as an intense purple berry with one of the greatest antioxidant powers ever seen, which is why some experts and nutritionists call it “the elixir of eternal youth”. This wonderful fruit has several benefits that your body and health will appreciate.
- Prevents aging
- Reduces stress levels.
- Provides energy.
In addition, this super food is a great ally for:
- Slim down.
- Cleanse the colon and detoxify them from toxins.
- Improve digestion.
- Decrease fluid retention.
- Very useful in cases of erectile dysfunction.
- Improves insomnia.
It is an optimal super food for people with high levels of stress or cardiovascular diseases.
Turmeric has been used for thousands of years in Asia for being the best ally to take care of the liver. It is known in its presentation of yellow spice and brings a very authentic flavor to the meals, which you will recognize if you have ever eaten curry. It is a super food due to its active principle, curcumin.
Its properties provide benefits:
- Prevents neuronal diseases.
- Helps regulate menstrual cycles.
- Coconut milk
The coconut, in general, is an excellent fruit that can be eaten in different presentations. It can be included in your recipes, eating the pulp, drinking coconut water or using it as oil. Coconut milk is a super food that has achieved many adaptations in the kitchen for its delicious flavor, both for meals and pastries, is an ally that you can incorporate to your taste in the kitchen. It is important not to confuse, coconut milk with coconut water. The water is inside the fruit while the coconut milk is extracted from the pulp.
As a result of its high nutritional content, this super food gives us benefits such as:
- Strengthening of the immune system.
- Relief of arthritis.
- Strengthening the bones.
- Energy supply.
UNESCO has called this algae “the food of the millennium” since it is the ideal super food for anti-aging thanks to its concentrated nutritive value, it is easy to digest and contains antioxidants such as beta carotene, which is good for the health of the eyes and helps the vision. It contains high protein content and easier to digest than meat, it is also rich in vitamins, especially vitamin B12 and vitamin E, minerals such as iron (easily assimilated), potassium, phosphorus, calcium, gamma acid linoleic magnesium and zinc. It is also a great source of fatty acids such as Omega-3 and provides chlorophyll. It provides essential fatty acids, which cannot be found in meat, eggs, and dairy. It is also low in calories. Include spirulina in your juices or shakes to combat constipation, improve intestinal flora, detoxify the kidneys, prevent anemia, protect the cardiovascular system, prevent cancer, reduce cholesterol levels and activate brain functions.
For its benefits, it is used in cases of:
- Decreased nutritional levels.
- Helps to recover physical form, energy, and vitality.
- Detoxify the body.
- The maca
Maca is a root of Peruvian origin that has been popularized for its anticancer, antidepressant and immune system stimulating functions. But this is not all this root can do for us.
Among its benefits include:
- Being a natural aphrodisiac for both men and women.
- It is very helpful for the increase of sperm.
- Helps to improve the undesirable symptoms of menopause.
- Power the libido.
- Improves fertility.
- Controls stress.
- Help to improve anxiety.
- Rise the levels of energy.
- Helps to grow hair with greater intensity.
- Strengthens the growth of bone mass.
- Helps counteract the symptoms of chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia.
Its high nutritional values high in fiber, protein, essential amino acids, also vitamins of the B complex (B1, B2, B6), has a high content of minerals such as calcium, iron, and phosphorus. You can include it in smoothies, infusions or creams.
Kale is a green leafy vegetable from the same family as cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli. Its properties include a high content of calcium, vitamins A, C, iron, and potassium. It is low in calories and a good source of fiber. Some call it “vegetable meat” because its iron content is greater than that of a steak.
The consumption of kale brings benefits such as:
- Reduction of bad cholesterol in the blood.
- Powerful antioxidant and helps fight free radicals.
- Helps prevent neuronal deterioration.
- Strengthens the body and helps bone formation.
- In addition, kale is rich in phytonutrients that protect cells and are anticancer.
- Anti-inflammatory properties.
- Promotes a healthy vision.
You can include the kale in your salads or as an ingredient for your juices.
- Activated Charcoal
This ingredient is becoming a must to include in juices and smoothies, as this super food has the ability to absorb a greater amount of toxic substances from the body, improving the body’s functions. Oxygenates the skin and improves digestion.
Benefits of activated charcoal:
- Improves stomach problems. Very useful to treat diarrhea, gas and stomach swelling, releasing the stomach from excess gas; similarly it also helps to normalize intestinal activity.
- It contains rejuvenating properties. It helps to stop the effects of the passage of time in the body since it helps the liver, the kidneys and the adrenal glands in their processes, which evidently retards cellular aging.
- Helps to reduce the levels of cholesterol, lipids, and triglycerides in blood.
You just have to add a teaspoon of charcoal to your detox juice to start enjoying its benefits.
Another algae very beneficial for health. With its intake, you get the highest amount of chlorophyll that we can offer the algae. It is also rich in proteins, antioxidants, beta carotene, vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, Vitamin A, C and E and minerals such as calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, iodine, folic acid and a high percentage of iron. This is a superfood in every sense of the word.
Some of its benefits are:
- Thanks to its powerful nutrients are excellent to destroy free radicals and eliminate toxins from the body.
- Strengthen the immune system. Used for colds or and fight fungi such as candida, fighting bacteria and viruses.
- Repair damaged fabrics.
- Chia Seeds
Chia is another of the superfoods preferred by women, it helps to lose weight! From this wonderful herb from Central America what we consume are its seeds, due to its high content of nutrients such as proteins, vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates that are converted into Omega-3 fatty acids.
Among its benefits, it stands out:
- It helps to reduce weight because it provides a feeling of fullness, reduces cravings and anxiety.
- Increases energy and metabolism.
- Improves hydration.
- Thanks to its soluble fiber improve digestion.
- Reduces cholesterol, blood pressure and helps regulate diabetes.
- Healthy and shiny skin.
- Anti-aging properties.
- Help keep the heart healthy.
Add chia seeds to salads, meals, desserts, and smoothies, or combine them with a liquid to create a natural gelatinous texture, perfect for chia pudding.
The potent leaves of green tea powder are one of the favorite super foods at this time. Matcha is rich in L-theanine an amino acid that promotes a state of relaxation and well-being. Relax without drowsiness and give energy without exhausting. It can contain up to five times more of this amino acid than common black and green teas.
Higher consumption of green tea is associated with a lower prevalence of cognitive impairment in humans. Regular consumption of matcha tea improves mood, memory, and promotes better concentration.
Some of the other benefits of matcha include:
- They strengthen the immune system.
- Reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- They favor a good digestion.
- They help control blood pressure and can prevent some cardiovascular diseases.
- High in antioxidants.
- Improves physical and mental energy.
- Improves concentration.
- Burns calories and supports weight loss.
I hope this selection is useful for you to achieve the objectives you have, with the nutritional help and benefits that these foods provide.
Did you enjoy reading this article?…
Kindly follow my food page and fashion page on
Instagram– @50_amazingmoms and @de_ceemds.
You can join me on Youtube as well- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8x2Ae7teaNE-uoYc6XhNUQ
Feel Free to be part of my community…together we can make it count…
Comment! Like! Share! Follow! You Matter to Me…
For Moms By Moms