Here is my favorite recipe. A good breakfast idea for the family.
4 Irish potato, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
5ml olive oil
1 huge onion, sliced
140g red pepper, diced
5 eggs (1 whole egg and 4 egg whites)
2 handfuls green salad leaves
3 sausages, 1 corned beef (optional)
1. Finely slice the onions and chop the red pepper, removing the seeds. Cut the potatoes into roughly ½ cm slices.
2. Heat the olive oil in a medium (about 24cm) frying pan over a low heat and cook gently for 10 – 15 until starting to go brown, add the peppers, onions and cook for a further 5 mins.
3. Put the potatoes in a steamer over boiling water for 10 – 12 mins to soften. If you don’t have a steamer, put in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and simmer gently for around 8 – 10 mins until just cooked through and drain well.
4. Break the eggs into a jug and beat with a fork, season with a generous grind of pepper and a pinch of salt.
5. Heat the grill. Add a little more oil to the frying pan and add the potatoes. Pour over the egg mixture. Cook for 15 mins until almost set and golden brown underneath – you can change sides to make sure it’s well cooked.
Tell me what you think. I have many other ways of doing this, here’s one of the many ways.
I am Christiana Stephen, a wife, a mom of 4 under 4 year old kids, a photo lover, makeup artist and a PhD researcher. Motherhood for me is ongoing, its a period of learning how and how not to. I am on this journey and would always try to make it as enjoyable as possible.
Raising this community is inspired by my experience and learning process. the main essence is to empower moms on the benefits of healthy living as well as the need to create a life work balance.
I am nice so a lot of people say and I believe I am very approachable even when there is a lot to be done. I love teaching. I can teach on a lot of things including time and stress management.