Here is my favorite recipe. A good breakfast idea for the family.
4 Irish potato, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
5ml olive oil
1 huge onion, sliced
140g red pepper, diced
5 eggs (1 whole egg and 4 egg whites)
2 handfuls green salad leaves
3 sausages, 1 corned beef (optional)
1. Finely slice the onions and chop the red pepper, removing the seeds. Cut the potatoes into roughly ½ cm slices.
2. Heat the olive oil in a medium (about 24cm) frying pan over a low heat and cook gently for 10 – 15 until starting to go brown, add the peppers, onions and cook for a further 5 mins.
3. Put the potatoes in a steamer over boiling water for 10 – 12 mins to soften. If you don’t have a steamer, put in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and simmer gently for around 8 – 10 mins until just cooked through and drain well.
4. Break the eggs into a jug and beat with a fork, season with a generous grind of pepper and a pinch of salt.
5. Heat the grill. Add a little more oil to the frying pan and add the potatoes. Pour over the egg mixture. Cook for 15 mins until almost set and golden brown underneath – you can change sides to make sure it’s well cooked.
Tell me what you think. I have many other ways of doing this, here’s one of the many ways.
On Nov 29, 2017 12:13 PM, “50 Amazing Moms With Christiana Stephen” wrote:
> Christiana Stephen posted: “Hello Moms, Here is my favorite recipe. A good > breakfast idea for the family. Ingredients 4 Irish potato, peeled and cut > into 2cm chunks 5ml olive oil 1 huge onion, sliced 140g red pepper, diced 5 > eggs (1 whole egg and 4 egg whites) 2 handfuls green sa” >