Its a Friday and the end of the week. This is something for the weekend to help you stay focused on your weight loss goals.
Avocado also known as the Alligator pear is very nutritious with lots of health benefits including weight loss.
- Avocados contains high level of Potassium even higher than bananas. According to Kris Gunnars, ‘Potassium is an important mineral that most people don’t get enough of. Avocados are very high in potassium, which should support healthy blood pressure level’.
A lot of studies reveal that having a high potassium intake is linked to reduced blood pressure, a major risk factor for heart attacks, strokes and kidney failure.
2. Avocado contain Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty Acids: they contain lots of fat but they are considered healthy fats because a good number of that fat is oleic acid. this oleic acid is linked to reduced inflammation and been shown to have beneficial effects on genes linked to cancer (authority nutrition.com)
3. Avocados also contain Fiber. Fiver is really good when looking at loosing weight. It is an ‘indigestible plant matter that can contribute to weight loss, reduce blood sugar spikes and is strongly linked to a lower risk of many diseases’ (Kris Gunnar).
4. Kris Gunnar also notes that ‘eating Avocados Can Lower Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels. Studies show that the frequent consumption of Avocado can Reduce total cholesterol levels significantly. Reduce blood triglycerides by up to 20%. Lower LDL cholesterol by up to 22%. Increase HDL (the “good”) cholesterol by up to 11%. (authority nutrition.com).
5. Avocados contain powerful Antioxidants That Can Protect The Eyes (Kris Gunnar).
6. It can help you loose weight because it is healthy and filling.
7. Studies show that it can help relieve symptoms of Athritis
8. Other studies show that it can help prevent cancer.
Amount Per 100 grams
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g 23%
Saturated fat 2.1 g 10%
Polyunsaturated fat 1.8 g
Monounsaturated fat 10 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 7 mg 0%
Potassium 485 mg 13%
Total Carbohydrate 9 g 3%
Dietary fiber 7 g 28%
Sugar 0.7 g
Protein 2 g 4%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 16%
Calcium 1% Iron 3%
Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-6 15%
Vitamin B-12 0% Magnesium 7%
How To incorporate them into your meal
You can eat them raw because they are very yummy
Use as spread instead of butter
Use for salad
Include in your meal plan for weight loss.
Include in your smoothie. It taste really well.
Our 20% discount is still on, offer on the closed group till 11th October. Feel Free to sign up…
Have a lovely weekend.
I am Dr. Christiana Stephen, a wife, a mom of 4 under 4 year old kids, a photo lover, makeup artist, a wellness coach and a lecturer. Motherhood for me is ongoing, its a period of learning and unlearning. I am passionate about a lot of things but most importantly helping mothers around the work reach their wellness goals comes as top priority. Hence, I have created this community for every woman out there. Feel free to be part of this amazing journey of motherhood and wellness. I will say raising this community is inspired by my experience and learning process. The main essence is to empower moms on the benefits of healthy living as well as the need to create a life work balance.
I am nice so a lot of people say and I believe I am very approachable even when there is a lot to be done. I love teaching. I can teach on a lot of things including time and stress management.