It’s another Saturday and a great day already. I always subscribe to having an eventful weekend and we’ll discuss how you can enhance your mood with these few ideas.
How many of us know that banana enhances mood. You want to feel good and relaxed? Let’s talk about the benefits of banana.
1) Apart from the fact that bananas are naturally sweet, this is one fruit I introduce to my kids once it’s weaning time. According to a study conducted by the Imperial College of London found that children who ate just one banana per day had a 34% less chance of developing asthma (MNT.COM)
2) Digestive benefit: Bananas are a fascinating fruit in terms of their carbohydrate and sugar content. Even though bananas are a fruit that tastes quite sweet when ripe—containing 14-15 grams of total sugar—bananas receive a rating of low in their glycemic index (GI) value. GI measures the impact of a food on our blood sugar. This low GI value for bananas is most likely related to two of their carbohydrate-related qualities (whfoods.com)
3) The frequent consumption of bananas in the first two years of life may reduce the risk of developing childhood leukemia. As a good source of vitamin C, bananas can help combat the formation of free radicals known to cause cancer. High fiber intakes from fruits and vegetables like bananas are associated with a lowered risk of colorectal cancer (MNT.COM)
4) it preserves memories
5) Bananas Contain Nutrients That Moderate Blood Sugar Levels
6) they Contain Powerful Antioxidants
7) Bananas are able to make you full
8) they are a good source of potassium
Amount Per 100 grams
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.3 g 0%
Saturated fat 0.1 g 0%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.1 g
Monounsaturated fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 1 mg 0%
Potassium 358 mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 23 g 7%
Dietary fiber 2.6 g 10%
Sugar 12 g
Protein 1.1 g 2%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 14%
Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-6 20%
Vitamin B-12 0% Magnesium
How to use your banana today to boost your mood.
a handful of pineapple
a handful of berries.
If you enjoyed this, kindly subscribe to get our updates direct in your mail box. Also share this so others can be part of a healthy community. Happy weekend.
I am Dr. Christiana Stephen, a wife, a mom of 4 under 4 year old kids, a photo lover, makeup artist, a wellness coach and a lecturer. Motherhood for me is ongoing, its a period of learning and unlearning. I am passionate about a lot of things but most importantly helping mothers around the world reach their wellness goals comes as top priority. Hence, I have created this community for every woman out there. Feel free to be part of this amazing journey of motherhood and wellness. I will say raising this community is inspired by my experience and learning process. The main essence is to empower moms on the benefits of healthy living as well as the need to create a life work balance.
I am nice so a lot of people say and I believe I am very approachable even when there is a lot to be done. I love teaching. I can teach on a lot of things including time and stress management.