We all have that one thing we loved so much as a children. Think a bit deeper, you will remember yours. It could be a particular food, a friend or just anything. And then we just felt we couldn’t do without. Mine is guava. I wasn’t really a foodie as a little child and I remember a lot of scenarios where I was forced to eat. I really dreaded food and so unfortunate for me my kids are just the same as I was and I wonder who I will be complaining to. Anyway I hope they out grow this soon.
Back to guava, I loved guava so much that I could climb to any length just to get. So today I decided to walk down memory lane and revisit the one thing I loved so much to see if it was really worth it after all. After my study on guava, I came up with the conclusion that my childhood craving was worth every tree I climbed.
Guava has a lot of benefits and I must say it took me so long to really do a comprehensive study on it. So today, I will try and be as detailed as possible on the benefits of guava.
- It contains Folic Acid or vitamin B-9: which in this case it is very good for pregnant moms. You know one recommended thing in pregnancy is Folic Acid because it helps in developing your baby’s nervous system as well as protect them from neurological disorders. So if you are looking for a fruit to give you that added folic acid, then guava isn’t a bad idea.
- Weight loss: Yeah, no wonder I didn’t have so much weight as a child, I was ignorantly eating healthy food. I feel so excited to know that I have actually been so incline to healthy eating even before I knew what it was. If you are looking at loosing some weight, guava may just be one of they things you need. This doesn’t mean you should just go on guava diet, you can take it without compromising a well balanced meal. It helps you loose wight by regulating your metabolism. It is a good snack and when compared to fruits like grapes or apples it contains far less sugar.
- Boost Immunity: they contain a large amount of vitamin c. It is shown that it contains 4 times the vitamin C content present in oranges. So you know, Vitamin C helps improve immunity and protects you against common infections and pathogens.
- It helps in managing constipation: guava is considered a rich source of dietary fibre and in this case it covers 12% of your daily recommended fibre intake which means that it is very important for your digestive health.
Other Health Benefits as written by foods.ndtv.com
- Guavas improve the sodium and potassium balance of the body, thereby regulating blood pressure in patients with hypertension. Guavas also help lower the levels of triglycerides and bad cholesterol (LDL), which contribute to the development of heart disease. This magical fruit improves levels of the good cholesterol (HDL).
- Improves Eyesight: Due to the presence of Vitamin A, guava is well known as a booster for vision health. It can not only prevent degradation of eyesight, but even improve eyesight. It can help slow down the appearance of cataracts and macular degeneration. Even though guavas are not as rich in Vitamin A as carrots, they are still a very good source of the nutrient
- Stress-Buster:The magnesium present in guavas helps to relax the muscles and nerves of the body. So after a hard workout or a long day at the office, a guava is certainly what you need to relax your muscles, combat stress and give your system a good energy boost.
- Anti-Ageing Properties: Guavas are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and antioxidants like carotene and lycopene which help protect the skin from wrinkles.
- Improves Complexion: Guava helps regain the skin’s radiance and freshness. Reap the benefits by preparing a DIY scrub at home: All you have to do is mash some guava flesh with an egg yolk and apply it on your face. Rinse off after 20 minutes with warm water. When used once or twice a week, this scrub will remove dead cells from your skin and lighten your complexion. Guavas are also a great source of Vitamin K, which helps get rid of skin discoloration, dark circles, redness and acne irritation.
- Improves Texture: Guavas rank high in astringent properties, guava leaves and unripe guavas even higher. Guava helps tone
up and tighten the facial muscles, so apply a decoction of the leaves and fruit on your skin and voila!
I hope this was a good read? Feel Free To Subscribe and be part of our community. For Moms By Moms.
I am Dr. Christiana Stephen, a wife, a mom of 4 under 4 year old kids, a photo lover, makeup artist, a wellness coach and a lecturer. Motherhood for me is ongoing, its a period of learning and unlearning. I am passionate about a lot of things but most importantly helping mothers around the world reach their wellness goals comes as top priority. Hence, I have created this community for every woman out there. Feel free to be part of this amazing journey of motherhood and wellness. I will say raising this community is inspired by my experience and learning process. The main essence is to empower moms on the benefits of healthy living as well as the need to create a life work balance.
I am nice so a lot of people say and I believe I am very approachable even when there is a lot to be done. I love teaching. I can teach on a lot of things including time and stress management.