Written by Christiana Stephen
I feel this is a good topic to explore. So let’s look at some of the myths about weight loss. A lot of us have heard so many things on weight loss some true some lies. So be careful not everything is applicable to everyone.
Personally I have tried so many things that failed and its time to talk about this extensively.
- Weight loss Drugs: There are over a million weight loss tabs out there so Be very mindful of what you consume, life is one. I will never recommend drugs unless its from a doctor. One mistake we make with weight loss drugs is that we never ask the side or after effects. Don’t let anyone lie to you before you take any drug be sure to understand the dangers in it.
I saw this weight loss tabs online and decided to buy it because i was so desperate about losing weight. Spent over $300 for 3 months and yet I didnt loose anything instead i started developing serious ulcer pains as a result of this. So be mindful.
2. Weight Loss Teas: note this weight loss teas will hardly work if you do not have a good eating habit. Even if you spend all your money on it, if you do not back it up with a healthy lifestyle it will fail you.
3. Dieting: what works for A will certainly work for me: that’s not entirely true. With dieting there’s a lot involved in it. Restricting yourself from everything all at the same time is one lie. How can you spend all your life eating something and discontinue it in one day? that’s what beats me. With dieting it has to be one step at a time. that’s why with our meal plans we always try things out gradually. No force about it.
According to Kris Gunnars: The weight loss industry wants you to believe that “diets” work. However, studies show that dieting almost never works in the long-term. 85% of people end up gaining the weight back within a year (
4. Quick fix: a lot of us love quick fix, that’s why we can get easily swayed.
5. Exercise: this is a very important part of our lifes so with exercises ‘do not spend 20 hours in the gym and get home to eat more than you lost. Be careful, exercises are tricky. I have tried working out several times and found out that i added more because i never knew how to workout a meal to suit that exercise regimen.
Your exercise must not be rigorous to achieve results so its 80% what you eat and 20% exercise.
Some of the myths by authoritynutrition.com
6. Fat makes you fat: Kris Gunnars points out that there is nothing uniquely fattening about fat, except that it is often found in calorie-dense junk foods.
7. All Calories are equal: However, this does NOT mean that all calorie sources have the same effects on your weight. Different foods go through different metabolic pathways and can have vastly different effects on hunger and the hormones that regulate body weight.
8. Thin People are always healthier than the Obese: It is true that obesity is associated with an increased risk of several chronic diseases.This includes type 2 diabetes, heart disease, increased risk of some cancers, and others.However, there are still plenty of people with obesity who are metabolically healthy, and plenty of thin people who have these same chronic diseases.It seems to matter where the fat builds up. If you have a lot of fat in the abdominal area, around the organs, then this type of fat is much more strongly associated with metabolic disease. The fat that builds up under the skin, the subcutaneous fat, is more of a cosmetic problem. (Gotten from authoritynutrition.com written by Kris Gunnars)
Weight Loss is a lifestyle journey. At the end of the day what you want is to loose weight and keep it off. Many people loose weight and in a few days they gain even more because they just never knew how to apply the principles of loosing and keeping it off.
These is one of the benefits of our closed group, we teach you how to loose weight as well as keep it off. So hurry and take advantage of our 20% discount offer last till 11th October.
Interested in our closed group? let us know, send an email to email@example.com
Be Part of Us, A community For Moms By Moms…